Monday 30 March 2020

Update: Monday, March 30th, 2020


Hello families,

I hope you are all in good health and enjoying time together with your family.  I miss my students very much! Please tell your children I am sending them all a big hug! 

Today, the government of Quebec has launched a portal with links to websites and various activities for the different grade levels.  Please note you are under NO OBLIGATION to complete these activities with your child at home. 

I can imagine it is quite challenging for many of you to work from home and take care of your children.  My husband has been doing so for the past two weeks and I see how challenging that would be if he also was taking care of our children simultaneously. Please know that there is no pressure from me to complete activities or take over the teaching of your child.  Please take this time with your children to do things you always wanted to do, but lacked the time.  My kids and I have been doing lots of cooking and baking over the past two weeks.  We cleaned out our shed in the backyard. We are playing a lot of board games and card games and having family movie nights.  My kids love that they are going to bed late:) 

In this time of uncertainty, we are learning to take things one day at a time and adapt to this unprecedented situation we are currently living.  Please feel free to email me: anna.romanini@rsb.qc.ca if you have any questions, comments about the report card for the second term or for any reason. I will be happy to hear how my munchkins are doing.  Take care families! 

Mrs. Anna :)

* Riverside School Board's brain boost website:  www.rsbbrainboost.ca

* Government of Quebec's portal: https://ecoleouverte.ca/en/

Also, Scholastic is offering some great activities for kids:

Some other great websites can be found on this list as well: